Walmart’s Journey to Compliance: Successful Adoption of IFRS 16 and ASC 842
Ranked number 1 on the Fortune 500 list, Walmart is the world’s largest organization with more than 500 billion in annual revenue, 2.2 million employees, and 11,000 thousand stores. In 2016, Walmart initiated its compliance project for the IFRS 16 and ASC 842 lease accounting standards. Join this webinar to hear about Walmart’s experience adopting the new lease accounting standards for its global operations while managing the unique requirements for each region. The goal of this webinar is to provide accountants and other financial professionals with valuable insights and practical advice for implementing the changes to lease accounting.
- Understand the complexities of the new lease accounting standards including differences between IFRS 16 and ASC 842, lease reassessments, modifications and disclosure reporting.
- Use practical advice for managing unique reporting requirements for global operations such as unique fiscal calendars per reporting entity and the adoption of dual lease standard reporting (IFRS 16 and ASC 842).
- Conceptualize how a complex technical landscape can be integrated to support ongoing lease management and accounting.
- Summarize the key steps required for a global organization to adopt the new standards from technical accounting assessment to go-live.
- Use the lessons learned shared by Walmart to support your adoption of IFRS 16 and/or ASC 842.
Global Lease Center of Expertise